[KLUG Advocacy] Calling Western US LUGs!!!

randy perry advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
15 Aug 2002 10:42:00 -0500

Just checked my mail.  Wow, off the yellow brick road this conversation
has made the turn to, Young Skywalker.

Peter's explanation was right on target.  It just really bothers me how
the Catholic church has evolved over the years.  Initial Churches were
used as businesses where the Cardinals made money. At one point, they
even had 2 Popes (circa ~1700??).  And what's with the hat?  The bigger
the hat, the higher you are in the church?  And taking a vow of silence
or even cellebacy (sp.?) that is quite backwards from what they should
be teaching.  How are they to be examples to others?

That Church is run like the Red Cross.  They have completely removed
themselves from what principles and reasons they were founded on.  They
are more political, legalistic and take a business approach to what they
do.  And they spend too much time doing what they ought not.

Ok, I know stop poking fun at that Church.  It has serious problems,
though.

Mind you, Priest, Popes and Church's do not save you.  There's just one
Book and there is just one Way to escape eternal damnation.

Randall (step AWAY from the podium) Perry