[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Advocacy digest, Vol 1 #11 - 1 msg

advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Mon, 06 May 2002 13:09:37 -0400

It's not at all clear to me that there is a strong connection between
the demise of the pay phone and deregulation. I think making such a
connection is something of a glib oversimplification of what happened.
While I was growing up (long before AT&T was busted, and certainly
before deregulation), payphone service and maintenance was going down-
hill, and it's something I ascribe to other forces.

I would really appreciate it if someone would stop and draw a map
between these, so [even] I can understand what you're all grousing
about. Given that pay phones have, in general, gone down the tubes,
please provide some better causal explanation for all of this....

							Regards,