[KLUG Advocacy] New hard drives?

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
23 Nov 2002 11:56:52 -0500

I remember back when a few KLUG volunteers agreed that IBM and Fujitsu
made the highest quality hard drives.  I was personally one who had
great luck with IBM drives.  But times are a changing . . .

A few months ago IBM had some serious quality problems with their
drives, and there was talk of them selling their HDD division (did that
ever happen?).  And a couple weeks ago there was an article about
Fujitsu shipping 4.5 million (or some large number) of potentially
defective hard drives.

So, what's the latest preference for DEPENDABLE NEW hard drives?

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/