[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Akron, Buffalo run Windows, ACM = MAC (rejumbled), IEEE could kick the ACM's butt -- WAS: butt whipping ...

Bryan J. Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:49:23 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Bruce Smith <bruce@armintl.com>:
> I've heard that some MAC college football teams use really sucky OS's.
> And the teams that lose use suckier OS's than the teams that win.
> And sometimes teams switch OS's from one week to another!
> What's been your experience with that?

Well at UCF, we were the largest Novell installation of the '80s.  One of the
guys in our LUG was the president of the international Novell User association
(Hale Pringle, ED -- if anyone was big into Novell).

Our research park, one of the largest in the nation, is home to the greatest
concentration of military simulation and training companies of any campus.  So
we definitely don't suck, because we have nothing but Irix, Solaris and Linux
(or custom platforms, usually UNIX-based).

> You could let us know which teams are using the suckiest OS's each
> week, and how often they've used sucky OS's in the past.

Well, WMU is probably MacOS X -- pretty on the outside (because their uniforms
kinda look like UCF's), but limited.  Not like Akron or Buffalo, who are clearly
Microsoft-based and belong back in I-AA.

> I ain't afraid of Bob cause he ain't a elected KLUG officer no more,
> and I never agree with Tisch, so you can all kiss my OS!  ;-)
>  - BS (not speaking for TheBS or any other BS :)

Good'ole Bobby with the ACM address.  The IEEE could probably kick their @$$ in
football too.  ;-P

Hmmmm ... ACM ... (rejumble) ... MAC ... coincidence?  I don't think so.  Had
UCF lost, maybe Bobby would have been open to talking, eh?

Now onto MAC addresses that don't suck ... another IEEE creation ...
   UC:Fs:ma:ck:WM

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA