[KLUG Advocacy] Linux Outpacing Macintosh On Desktops

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
13 Sep 2002 06:59:16 -0400

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 14:28, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> I read the article and found that this whole business about Linux having
> a larger number of seats (or market share of desktops) was only mentioned
> once, in passing. The article as a whole has a lot of [other] interesting
> things to convey to readers.

Yes, like this quote:
"We have found," Dekkers said, "that one of the major issues put forward
- no support and no accountability - is false"

Which was worth reading the whole article.

>>Depends on the poll, desktop users vs. desktop systems.
>Yeah, you have to read the fine print carefully. A number of these studies
>are pretty conditional.

I would think one could measure the business desktop count,  but home
systems would be a mine field.

It would be interesting to see a geographic Linux penetration study.  Is
it more common in some parts of the contry than others?