[KLUG Advocacy] Who is up for some REAL advocacy?

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:36:51 -0400

I am part of a small group that is considering some action with regard to
the "Anit-NAT/Firwall" legislation that went into effect in Michigan on
March 31. The action we are contemplating is a sit-down meeting with one or
more members of the legislature (House and perhaps Senate), and any staffers
they want to bring along. The notion would be that we either get the wording
of this law explained CLEARLY, so everyone is on the same page, or that we
start a move to ammend the law so that it is clarified.

Anyone who would be willing to attend such a meeting (which would most prob-
ably tke place in Lansing, but MAYBE in Kalamazoo during business hours) please
reply to me via provate e-mail. This is not a KLUG activity, since KLUG cannot
participate in politcal activity or lobbying per se.

I look forward to seeing replies.
                                                     Thanks and Regards,