[KLUG Advocacy] re: In the latest SCOttlebutt...

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:52:04 -0500

It should be noted, for those who have not read the articles cited at
the start of this thread, that Motely Fool (and not Mr. Thompson) mixed
Sellers and cartoon references.

I encourage people to look at the realted artcles, linked at the end of
the page.  They have a number of open letters, from Linus, ESR, and more
from McBride. After having read his stuff, I beleive he is carefully
misunderstanding a number of basic writings on the topic... like the US
Constitution, copyright law, and the GPL. It is hardly surprising that
such misinterpretation results in an outcome that is favorable to SCO.
Reality will once agin surface on the 22nd of this month, when SCO has to
show what intellectual proprety of their was included in Linux.  This may
end with a whimper, right there....

							Regards,