[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Cringley's predictions for 2003

Adam Tauno Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:31:11 -0500

>>>http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20030102.html
>>>I sure hope he's right about #9!!!
>>>#10 is a no-brainer.  I personally doubt #7 will happen.
>>Er, regarding #7, that Apple won't release until 2004, or not at all?
>>If the latter, I hope you know the details of those processors.

I know the Power PCs in my RS/6000s *ROCK*!  Don't know anything about whatever
crap Apple uses in their crappy computers.

>Oh my gawd, no, NO, *NO* -- NOT another dissertation about the internal
>working of processors!!!  Just shoot me now!  Where'd I put that knife?
>Take it to the hardware list - but NOT the KLUG hardware list!!!  ;->

Whew Bruce,  bit shift some registers out into cache and context switch to the
relaxd process. :)

>Can someone post their procmail filter to eliminate TheBS messages? :-)

Procmail sucks.  Upgrade to Cyrus and use SIEVE.

>NO WAIT!  NOT a good idea!  The list cannot handle that much traffic!!!
>Sorry, it's early - blame it on the caffeine  ;->

Bruce hyper and twithy?  That is hard to imagine.