[KLUG Advocacy] Reactions to the Reuters article and related folly.

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
14 Jan 2003 08:44:28 -0500

> I would expect that no one will be shy about commenting on my impressions,
> opinions, or other comments.

Here's one:  SHUT THE HELL UP!!!  ALL OF YOU!!!   :-)

I posted the article because it was nice little fluff article to
encourage newbies to try Linux.  It said that Linux is easy to install,
and newbies can use it to replace Windows.

Then all you guys come along and nit pick the hell out of the article,
erasing any credibility the article might have had with newbies, and
scaring them away from Linux!!!

Sure, I know some of the nit-picky points aren't 100% accurate, but so
what!  It's a nice propaganda piece to encourage the switch to Linux!
And it's basic jest is true, than Linux is now easy and can replace
Windows on the desktop!  PERIOD!

Damn . . .  Take it to the /dev/null mailing list!!!   :-)

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/