[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Now there's an idea!!! :-) -- Wrong! You guys have it _backwards_!

advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:54:49 +0000

> > I think a lot of people could and would live with that kind of
> > solution... I really like M$ apps... The the unreliability that gets my
> > goat....
>
> You guys have it _backwards_!  [ So does Cringley ]

   Do I?

> So do you really think this is technically feasible to move to Linux???

   Yup, you throw everything out and start over...

> The first decade of 2000 is just going to be a repeat of the '90s.  98%+ of
> Windows applications are _not_ going to be written to a "clean" .NET, and a lot
> of hacking and use of deprecated APIs will continue -- even in the Visual Studio
> product itself!

   All I know is that I can download a .tgz file and compile it to match EVERYTHING on my system, no mess, no fuss, no problems. If I happen NOT to have something that's required, then I can download it and install it. I'm NOT forced to accept anything...

   Goose