[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Now there's an idea!!! :-) -- now you're talking outside reality ...

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:13:21 -0500

"Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@ieee.org> wrote:
>Quoting ke4rit@attbi.com:
>>    Yup, you throw everything out and start over...
>And my point is that they could not even get their own application division to
>write to....
Insuficcient motivation.

>So how do you expect their application division to accommodate Linux?
Simple. Make that policy, Pass the word down. Those who don't do get
canned.  Those who do well with this policy get promoted. We must assume
that Microsoft is able to act as a cohesive corporate entity; translating
policy (technical and otherwise) from policy-makers to all appropriate
levels of the organization.

Unless you're talking about "trojan ports" or other silly games.
If you are, PLEASE desist from replaying that kind of stuff. I sense
this kind of strategy is well-understood on the list.

{Lots of interesting technology stuff elided for brevity. Whether is has
 any relevence or not might be another thread, but not the one I want to
 write at the moment}

>[ ** And Microsoft says the GPL is viral?  Ha! ]
Discounted, as we know they are not arguing from any philosophicly
consistant POV, but merely one that will maximize the value of the
content of their coffers, and make any other mode of doing business
the target of ridicule.

							Regards,