[KLUG Advocacy] SQL slammer virus/worm hits Microsoft itself!

Adam Tauno Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:55:52 -0500

>THAT'S HILLARIOUS!!!!
>I'm gonna show that to the Microsoftie IT department here.

It is funny, but I'm confused.

What I read said that this particular bug attacks M$-SQL.  Does someone actually
run a relational database server exposed to the Internet?  Why?  And, I'm sorry,
 recently patched or not, that's beggin' for it.