[KLUG Advocacy] 2.6 impressions?

Peter Buxton advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:56:29 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 06:14:38AM -0400, Adam Williams was only escaped
   alone to tell thee:

> Are you using LVM or fixed partitions?

At the moment, fixed. But LVM/RAID is compiled in my kernel without
errors, and someday when I retweak my drives (i.e., when I have a spare
afternoon) I'll try it out.

> Do setfacl/getfacl work on the ext3 filesystem?

lsattr and getfacl work on ext3 and Reiser.

> Do you notice any change in SWAP utilization?

I did notice it was more disk aggressive in the past. However, the
anticipatory scheduler went in and that may have changed things. The
most memory intensive things I do are kernel compilation, picture
editing and movie watching -- and of course, X11. They all seem fine.

> Interesting.  It appears that SO_BSDCOMPAT is still defined in
> asm/socket.h but no longer in the kernel, so it is just a sync issue
> between packages.

Are you speaking of the Debian packages? If so, all the installed
packages here are meant to run under 2.4. Small risk, and in this case,
it seems hardly to matter.

--
-63