[KLUG Advocacy] the new macs

Greg Mason advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:36:43 -0400

check out Apple.com. dual 2Ghz 64-bit IBM-powered monsters they are
going to be shipping, starting september. Also, OS X 10.3, Panther,
will be out in september. :) www.apple.com to see a side-view of one,
click on it for the specs.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/panther if you want to see features of the
new OS.

Exposé looks like a MUCH cooler way to have 20 apps open than multiple
desktops. also, fast user switching has also made it to the mac, with a
cool 3D cube transition (like they already use in Apple Keynote).

also, how about video conferencing via AIM? They have the first working
implementation. They were talking to a dude in France during the
keynote.

ok, that was probably too much of me tooting my Apple horn

-Greg