[KLUG Advocacy] DSL

Mike Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:02:18 -0500

>Subject: [KLUG Advocacy] Re: Advocacy digest, Vol 1 #147 - 3 msgs

>>> It's all over downtown, from, to my personal knowledge, West Main and
>>> Drake, to Saint Augustine's, to Westnedge and Crosstown Pkwy.
>>

>Now, how about to the East side of Kalamzoo? ie. Comstock? Galesburg?

In most areas, what prevents you from getting DSL is the distance from
the switch, not the capability of the switch itself.  Most places that
I've checked (a fairly small number, admittedly, but a fairly random
sampling of Kalamazoo and GR) are serviced by a new enough switch, but
many are too far away from it.  www.dslreports.com has an excellent
search feature that will tell you if you can get DSL, and why.