[KLUG Advocacy] Google ranked third

magoo advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
29 May 2003 23:43:12 -0400

> > >Google's patented PigeonRank(tm) proves its metal:
> > >Google ranks Google 3rd for search engines.
> > ><http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html>
>
> Crows can make their own tools (once thought solely the domain of those
> pesky sapiens)
> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/08/0808_020808_crow.html
> so why not this too!
>
> > ><http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Search+Engine>
>
> Well, guess you can't accuse them of bias in this case.

AltaVista ranked before Google... and Google only ranked third?
Hmmmmmm!  I'd say that Google is CLEARLY the number 1 search engine
in terms of usage, advertising sales dollars, and development.
Makes you wonder about the Google ranking system.  They might
be using New Caledonian crows with bent wire to rank pages next!
And who uses My Excite?  PLEASE!  Something is wrong with the
ranking algorithm... did you try "search engines" yet?  Google
itself is not even ranked. Dogpile is the top ranked URL.  Yeah?

> Is mental illness a meme?

Very possibly, replicating within us all from too much reality TV.
The collective distracted consciousness, so to speak.  There are
other considerations like pesticides and the dissipated ozone layer.
Nationwide sertonin pump malfunctions spawning manic rampages across
the Heartland of America!

Is this a meme?  Doctor Doctor... help me please!  DAMN!>>
http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/19991123/msgs/16099.html

Too bad the brain isn't modifiable open source and that it is
supported by such a frail hardware interface and fuel system.

Besides... this is off topic!  ;-)    Take it to alt.culture.memes