[KLUG Advocacy] DMCA S U C K S ! ! !

Wesley Leonard advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:49:01 -0400

I heard about this last night.  I think this is the perfect case to take
on the DMCA because it is so ridiculous and obviously an abuse of the
law ("the law" = the judicial process and surrounding institutions, not
just the DMCA itself).

I read on /. today that StupidComm... or whatever that company's name
is...  is rethinking their lawsuit.  I think that's too bad because I'd
like to see this go to the courts.

I would also like to see this as a wakeup call the RIAA.  Copy
protection will NOT work.  Stop wasting your money, starting using the
internet, stop suing your customers.

If I was this student I would send a very hostile response with the crux
of the message being "Bring it on..."

l8er