[KLUG Advocacy] Lindows/"I Hate Linux" rant....

Wesley Leonard advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:06:33 -0400

I think this belongs more on advocacy so I'll CC it there...

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 03:02, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> This 'end-user' issue just brought to mind I rant I read recently. I had
> previously scratched plans to post a link and respond to the guy because
> I'd pretty much decided it wasn't worth it. Rereading it, though, I
> think maybe it should get a mention: http://tailsteak.netherweb.com/

I read that little rant (as well as a few other articles on this guy's
site).  Basically, the rant is saying "I hate Linux because I am too
lazy to figure it out.  Change is hard."  (paraphrase)

What gets me is that he seems to like the political side of Linux (free,
open, an alternative to microsoft) but he's not willing to put in a few
hours to learn the technical side.  It's like somebody who really thinks
candidate X is good for the country but cannot be bothered to go to the
polls to cast a vote.  He could have learned all the useful commands in
the time it took him to write that rant.

Where would we be if everybody just took the path of least resistance?

happy monday
--
Wesley Leonard