[KLUG Advocacy] Lindows/"I Want to Love Linux" rant....

magoo advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
14 Oct 2003 16:08:06 -0400

> >It could be that his Windows system just works for him,  there actually
> >are happy Windows users - so he sees no motivation in moving to something
> >foreign.

> Does he say so? It might serve to clarify his position.

NEVER underestimate the ignorance (and laziness) of the typical computer
user.  Some day... and it may be a long time... Linux will be usable
as a "people's OS!"  It is better left to network administrators and
those obsessed with digital elitist dogma!  Any moron (chuckle) can get
functional with Windows at the application level... some day those
same morons may switch to Linux!

Red Hat v8.0 works, but it is not pretty or fully functional.
Windows v3.1 has worked great for me for the past 10 years...
Windows 98SE has worked just fine for me too!   Everything
just works!  No nerd ego boosting hacking and compiling required!

Being lazy and stupid is a problem with our own OEM operating system.
Anyone have a patch we could download for that yet?  Ummm!  Was that
a lightening bolt?  Sorry... divine programmers can get so emotional!
OK!  The bugs (seven vices) and the features (seven virtues) are great!

Linux will empower the desktop of the average idiot soon, I hope!  :-)
Until then... idiots will just have to worship at the feet of the
Linux elite.  What did we ever leave the command line for anyway...
only LOSERS need a GUI!