[KLUG Advocacy] Ximian / Novell development

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:12:21 -0400

> > > For a little insight into Novell/Ximians' development plans read:
> > >  - http://www.nat.org/2003/october/#16-October-2003
> > Nice, adding 50 full-time developers certaints won't hurt.
> I was really impressed with the method that they are adding them and the fact that Ximian is driving this process.

It demonstrates some really wise restraint on behalf of the Novell
suits,  like they actually understand how to stay out of the
developement process.  Letting Ximian have a legitimate leadership role
should really help their credibility with the community (except of
course all those slashdot'ers - nothing will ever please them).

Even the Janitorial process described seems like a process designed by
and for really top-drawer people.  {Real top-drawer people tend not to
bitch about having to hoe-the-row to get to the other end}.