[KLUG Advocacy] Re: [KLUG Members] "As Tech Bounces Back" -- Linux in the spotlight.

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:28:37 -0500

> Interesting article on the New York Times website, about the tech
> sector
> in general and Silicon Valley in particular... the last third of the
> article addresses several Linux-oriented startups, and also has a very
> interesting line about what VMware is planning to release soon...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/26/business/yourmoney/26vall.html

"The valley is populated with people of various talents, but its essence
begins with the software and hardware engineers. They create technology
tools that then find investors and users in the marketplace. It is,
first and foremost, a high-tech tool shop."

My question would be "How long till the investor community forgets this
lesson and returns to their infatuation with well-dressed MBAs?"

"But for now, information technology - which represents more than half
of all business capital investment - will remain the engine."

Anyone know of a source for this psuedo-statistic?