[KLUG Advocacy] word processors / office packages - Was: total crap

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
16 Sep 2003 13:29:52 -0400

> > > So otherwise, is he happy with a Linux desktop?
> > Pretty much.  He has a few minor complaints, like he doesn't like
> > mounting and unmounting drives, but he found a Gnome applet that
> > simplifies the process.
>
> Which applett?

Sure, make me go ask.  :-)

Maybe it's a program instead of an applet (he added it to his panel).
Go to the main menu -> System Tools -> Disk Management.

> He finds it easier that right-clicking on the destop?  Just curious.

I guess ...

> > He contacted the Textmaker guys about a floating/site license, but they
> > don't offer that yet.  They said they'll get back to us ...
>
> We've run into the same thing with other companies.
>
> Us: "Hey!  We'd like to send you a check?"
> Them: "Oh.... we don't know quite how to accept your money"
>
> Very interesting phenomenon.

Annoying too.

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/