[KLUG Advocacy] OpenOffice Snapshot 2.0 Available!

Andrew Thompson apthmpsn at imagerie.com
Mon Dec 20 21:33:17 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 16:19, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> * Redesigned database application (they call in new, implying there
> wasn't one before...?)
If there is, I didn't see it. What's it called, and how do I start it
up?

> * Encrypted LDAP support
Encrypted anything support is always good.

> * SQL92 access to file based resources (dBase files, flat files, &
> spreadsheets)
Oh, I like this! Lightweight DB tech's good for basic prototyping.

> * SQL Aliases
They didn't have these? Must have made self-joins fun.

> * Outer joins in SQL data sources
These neither?? *shudder!*

Actually, what I'D like to see are a couple of improvements in ooDraw.
I'll have to see if I can try this out soon, just to see if they fixed
anything there...

Thanks for posting!
--
Andrew Thompson <apthmpsn at imagerie.com>