[KLUG Advocacy] Frontpage is the spawn of Satan

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:55:45 -0400

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:26:01 -0400, Tony Gettig wrote:
>I'm trying to get to a website that has....

I hope the author of the original message doesn't think the of subject as
a news item...

Any software development environment is someone's idea of a beneficial
tradeoff between the costs of developer labor (and related resources) and
the ultimate return the site itself provides. Frontpage represents one
point on that graph; I don't know to what extent the real world as a whole
encompasses that point.

My own experience covers different areas of that cost/benefit surface; hav-
ing tried Frontpage and found it simply too cumbersome and tedious to use
for whatever benefits are granted. Maintenance, the acid test of viability in
the life-cycle of software, is also much more difficult than it might be
otherwise.

I do agree that it would be interesting to see something from someone who
has found Frontpage productive and useful. Those who I know of as users
have, by their own admission, not really looked into very much else, but
I'm willing to listen (and read) from someone who has ....

							Regards,