[KLUG Advocacy] Another interessting article

Andrew Thompson apthmpsn at imagerie.com
Sun Jun 20 01:59:05 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 00:36, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> By the same token, I tend to think that all camps are startigto learn that
> none of the players is going to cave in and vanish anytime soon. Mostly,
> Microsoft is beginning to understand that Linux and projects with similar
> business models are here to stay, and we ought to understand that Microsft
> ain't going away anytime soon, perhaps to the chagrin of thise who predict
> the collapse of the company, or hoped that breaking it up under anti-trust
> laws would weaken its grip on the market.

This reminds me of an article I ran across Friday. Titled 'How Microsoft
Lost the API War', it has a few interesting things to say on this and
other subjects. Whether they're all correct or not, I couldn't say, but
definitely a worthwhile read:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/APIWar.html

--
Andrew Thompson <apthmpsn at imagerie.com>