[KLUG Advocacy] Novell Open Sources Connector

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 14:15:06 -0400 (EDT)

> * Bruce Smith wrote:
> > This is the Exchange replacement _SERVER_ that runs on Linux,
> > AND the _CLIENT_ both???
> The connector is what allows Evolution to talk to the exchange server.

With a few patches the Evo-Exchange connector can be made compatible with
OpenGroupware's ZideStore server.  Version 1.2 of the connector worked
with ZideStore, but not the 1.4 version.  Now that it is open source...

So, yes, I think indirectly this is a replacement for both.  Now I'll be
able to schedule KLUG meetings, etc... via Evolution!  How sweet is that.

Oh, and Icaza recently said there WILL be a Windows port of Evolution.

Slam dunk!