[KLUG Advocacy] SuSe 9.3

Bruce Smith bruce at armintl.com
Thu Apr 21 14:04:57 EDT 2005

> The latest VM-Ware works on 9.3 without a hitch.

Yup, however VMware 4.5.2-8848 does NOT compile the modules under SuSE
9.3.
So I spent the $99 and upgraded to VMware-5 ...

I first ran an upgrade from SuSE 9.2 to 9.3.  That was a total disaster!
I was getting errors that the sound card modules had undefined symbols,
and reconfiguring the sound card in YAST didn't help either.  Plus it
screwed up GRUB so bad I spent two hours getting the system to boot.
And a few other minor issues ...

So I ran a fresh install this morning.  Things are MUCH better now!
My sound even works!  :-)

Did anyone notice that Asterisk comes on SuSE 9.3?  And XEN?
(the DVD anyway, YMMV on the limited CD selections).  :-)

 - BS