[KLUG Advocacy] A quick SuSe 9.3 As A Workstation Review

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Apr 25 13:28:28 EDT 2005

> > > BTW, I'd like to see a presentation on WINE running IE6 and WM7.  :-)
> > http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html
> What SuSE packages are require?

Beats me, I just has wine installed, but I had a .wine from ages past as
I've been running NetTerm in WINE for years.  Given that there isn't one
decent terminal emulator for Linux.

> Wine?  Or does it come with it's own wine package?

Just the Wine that came on the SuSe CDs,  I didn't install any
extraneous packages

> Also, when looking for what wine packages are included in SuSE 9.3, I
> see there is also a "winetools" RPM on the DVD.  It sounds much like the
> same thing, any experience going that route?

I think I made my initial .wine with winetools.  What SideNet does I
think is manage the install, in the correct magic order, in order to
make an environment kosher enough for IE & Active-X to complete all
their component registration.