[KLUG Advocacy] WINE reaches beta!

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Oct 25 13:41:00 EDT 2005

Huh,  I wonder if I can now not only run IE but have it not litter my clean with
artifacts?  Twelve years to beta! How long till RC? :)

----- Forwarded message from julliard at winehq.org -----
    Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:47:53 +0200 (CEST)
    From: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>
 Subject: Wine release 0.9
      To: wine-announce at winehq.org

This is release 0.9 of Wine, a free implementation of Windows on Unix.
After 12 years of development, this release marks the beginning of the
beta testing phase.  Everybody is encouraged to try it; while there
are still bugs, most applications are expected to at least install and
do something useful.

Because of lags created by using mirrors, this message may reach you
before the release is available at the ftp sites.  The sources will be
available from the following locations:

  http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/wine-0.9.tar.bz2
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-0.9.tar.bz2

Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:

  http://www.winehq.org/site/download

You will find documentation on http://www.winehq.org/site/documentation.

You can also get the current source directly from the CVS tree. Check
http://www.winehq.org/cvs for details.

Patches should be submitted to "wine-patches at winehq.org".  Please
don't forget to include a ChangeLog entry. If you submitted a patch,
please check to make sure it has been included in the new release.

Wine is available thanks to the work of many people. See the file
AUTHORS in the distribution for the complete list.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org

----- End forwarded message -----