[KLUG Advocacy] Freaky / Interesting experience with yahoo maps

greenproc greenproc at charter.net
Tue Feb 7 14:35:17 EST 2006

When looking up directions to a location within downtown kalamazoo, I
specified the street and zip of the location along with just the zip for
 my "from" location at <maps.yahoo.com>.

The oddity is that the map and route resulting from my query was uncanny
in it's pointing out where my "start address" was from -- almost the
*exact* location, even though the only information provided was the zip
-- I just wanted a map of the general area of the location but it was
convenient to use the "directions" function of their site.

Can anyone else try the same thing, and discover if the route provided
is suspiciously close to your actual location?

Is this a fluke or a flaw?