[KLUG Advocacy] Calling Western US LUGs!!!

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
14 Aug 2002 11:38:21 -0400

> >Why don't they add a bullseye target, fill it with water and have them
> >function as dunk tanks.  Waiting parishoners could throw at the target
> >to dunk the priest (or the person confessing).  It would make for quick
> >baptisms on Sunday.
> >(what's up with the sacerdotal anyway? Like Marten Luther I just don't
> >get it)
>
> I'm not Catholic,

Me either.

> but what is "sacerdotal"?

Thanks to the Dictionary box on by galeon window:

  http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=sacerdotal

One entry found for sacerdotal.
Main Entry: sac·er·do·tal
Pronunciation: "sa-s&r-'dO-t&l, "sa-k&r-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin sacerdotalis,
from sacerdot-, sacerdos priest, from sacer sacred + -dot-, -dos (akin
to facere to make) -- more at SACRED, DO
Date: 15th century
1 : of or relating to priests or a priesthood : PRIESTLY
2 : of, relating to, or suggesting sacerdotalism
- sac·er·do·tal·ly /-t&l-E/ adverb

Just don't ask me to explain any farther.   :-)

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/