[KLUG Advocacy] Calling Western US LUGs!!!

advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:47:45 -0400

>>I'm not Catholic,  but what is "sacerdotal"?
>"Priestly." anecdotal : sacerdotal :: triumphal : regnal
>Of course, anecdote has a Greek root, and sacer- is Latin, but both came
>to us through the wash of M French. :)

Ick,  I studied French as well.  That an L. French was permitted to evolve from
M. French was a true failure on behalf of all of France's neighbors.

I'm pretty much resigned that the original statement in question was using an
adjective as a noun,  and thus the meaning will remain murky unless deobfuscated
by the author.

>And of course, since this is religion, "sacerdotalism" refers to the

So "sacerdotal" as a noun is an adherent to "sacerdotalism"?

>tradition/rule of required priestly intermediaries between layman and
>God (most notably in Mass).
>Baptists, therefore, are quite the asacerdotalists.

Hence the reference to Martin Luther! But I thought Baptists needed Republicans
to bring the nation to God?  Isn't that a form of "sacerdotalism"? ;}

>>Sorry,  I have a philological bent about such things.
>So long as you wash your hands after. ;-0

Always.

>By the way, your "drop it" suggestion WORKED brilliantly the first time.
>I got all the AOL and Outlook mail folders off the drive. THANK YOU for
>your perfect advice -- it did loosen the ball bearings and get the whole
>thing spinning. You rock, one-armed or no!

Always glad to help!