[KLUG Advocacy] One year anniversary

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
28 Dec 2002 17:18:22 -0500

> [marshall@megatron marshall]$ uptime
>  10:46am  up 365 days, 16:44,  2 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.40, 0.36

Cool!!!

I've never been able to keep power going that long.

> Wow!  Pretty neat.  This thing is one of those AMD 486s which runs at
> 133Mhz.  It's got 48 MB of RAM, a 3GB disk, and not much else.
> Oh, and Megatron doesn't just sit around doing nothing.  Megatron is the
> Internet gateway/firewall, web server, database server, web-cam
> operator/host, ssh server for remote access, X10 operator for automated
> lighting, and probably a few other tasks that I'm forgetting.
> Megatron is current running a custom 2.4.3 Kernel.

So, your firewall is running an old kernel?
Care to post it's IP address to the list too?   ;->

> Hehe...  I've been putting off hardware and software updates until I
> achieved the magical one year.  I wanted to share this with everybody.
> This is one of the many reasons I've stuck with Linux over the years.
> happy computing!

Congrads!  You should get a plaque for the case or something!  :-)

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/