[KLUG Advocacy] One year anniversary

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
29 Dec 2002 19:16:03 -0500

>>> Sadly, my uptime has suffered from a number of little problems,...
>>That is in large part due to crappy PC hardware.
>Not realy, I'm not sure what you mean, actually. I attribute one to my
>bumping into a (perfectly good) power switch, and another to a 2 inch
>segment of wiring that I installed in '98, which was defective. Not the
>whole box, only one $1.98 component.

I've never had much luck with the Gateway/BestBuy's of the world.  They
eventually kerplunk with a segmentation fault or some kind of kernel
panic,  usually attributable I think to RAM errors.

>>Only one of the above boxes what would classically be considered a PC.
>Which?

[root@natches root]# uptime
11:09pm  up 108 days, 14:49,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Its just a locally assembled box using some AMD chip and PC100 RAM.