[KLUG Advocacy] A user leaves....

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:43:48 -0400

>> I believe the author of the article has had almost exclusive exposure
>> to personal computers, and he writes very much from that point of view.
>I'll buy that, and I believe that makes up the majority of computer
>users in this day and age.  Those of us with multi-decade experience
>with mainframes are in the extreme minority.
Yes, that's certainly true. I wasn't going for the body count, but rather
the different mindset.

>Does that mean that Linux is not ready for this type of user, since he
>went back to windows?
This is indeed a rather long jump to make; realting this one persons
experience to the fate or current state of an OS, or even some of the
components.

I do think it means that he was predisposed to going back to Windows if he
was going to go anywhere. Many have a desire to return to their roots when
something else doesn't work out.

							Regards,