[KLUG Advocacy] A User Leaving

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
17 Jul 2002 13:34:10 -0400

> Gut feeling 2)  I can empathize with this guy very much.  I made 1 point
> about how in gnome v. kde, kde will give you an hourglass until the app
> starts letting you know that you can set and relax for a second and WW3
> attack came right in my face about how ignorant f'ks like me should not
> talk about these things and that what I was talking about was
> soooooooooooo0oooo0oooooooooooo easy to configure and I would like to
> think of myself as no dummy and I still have not found how to configure
> this.  I tried for 1/2 hour and trying any more just is not worth it to
> me to continue trying.

I just updated my Ximian GNOME packages via red-carpet and I'm getting
something I've never seen before:  An hourglass in task bar when I click
on an icon to start a process until the window appears.   It even
appears between when evo's splash screen goes away and before the
application window paints itself.