[KLUG Advocacy] Silly notion

advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:51:50 -0400

Bryan,

I like Ralph Nader in general, but the idea you seem to attribute to him:

"He's even got something I didn't think of, buy the software code
outright and release it's source as public domain.  That's not a bad
move assuming Microsoft's willing to sell for the price.  I'm all for
it."

Is probably impractical. MS would NEVER sell the source to anyone without a
restriction against third-party sales or release. Nader is audacious enough
to release it, and fight MS in the courts? Perhaps, but IMO he's smarter
than that (perhaps, or maybe smart enough!)....

							Regards,