[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Advocacy digest, Vol 1 #11 - 1 msg

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
07 May 2002 06:20:05 -0400

>>There was a bit on the demise of the pay-phone awhile ago on NPR.    A
>>very sad thing.
>Yes it is....
>>It does?  Where I grew up we used payphones all the time.  They are all
>>gone, and guess what - no cell coverage either (or at least really
>>shakey).
>I would still be using payphones if they were not so crapy.... Lord knows
>I've resisted the urge more then once to attach a chain to a ill-fated
>payphone and drag it down the road with me. :-()
>>Cell coverage has also shown a pretty strong correlation to the racial
>>demographics of a neighborhood, another problem.
>Agreed. I *STILL* prefer to use a payphone... Something about a 900mhz
>transmitter directly next to something they say is significant to my body
>and health... It's fairly large, Gray and controls just about everything my
>body does... Seems like sending microwaves through that isn't the smartest
>idea in the world....

Enough microwaves and you'll no longer realize it isn't the smartest
idea,  but then you'll start to smell like a fast food restaurant.

>But who am I. I prefer Linux over Windows! :-)))))))

Yes, many would say that is evidence of irradiation.  But with fellow
users like Godzilla, Rodan, and the killer bulldozer whose going to
argue with us?