[KLUG Advocacy] MAC Football is almost here! Go Knights!

Bryan J. Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
26 May 2002 13:24:33 -0400

[ I assume "advocacy" is the off-topic list?  If not, let me know. ]

My Alma Mater, UCF, is becoming a football-only MAC conference member
(Eastern Division) this year.  Probably the main reason why the MAC
brought UCF was to gain a recruiting avenue into lucrative Florida High
Schools.  Most of UCF's football games are carried to about 7M Florida
homes on its Sunshine network.  In return, UCF football program finally
joins a conference (all our other sports are in the Atlantic Sun fka the
Trans-Atlantic American Conference).

Penn State will host their season opener against UCF on August 31st in
the "Big Ten Game of the Week."  The game will be carried nationally
(not just regionally, but nationwide) on ESPN.  Three weeks later, UCF
will visit Marshall for its first ever MAC conference game.  The game
will also be carried nationally (probably just regionally in the eastern
US) on ESPN2.

Western Michigan will host UCF another three weeks after that on October
12th.  My sister-in-law lives in Ann Arbor so I will be coming up for
about a week around that weekend.  I hope to not only visit Kalamazoo
for the game, but hopefully a KLUG event as well.  So let me know what
plans KLUG has for around that date.  Also let me know if you'd like to
join me for the game -- if you don't mind sitting in my Alma Mater's
section.  ;-PPP

Story on ESPN airings:
http://www.ucfathletics.com/article.asp?articleid=19680

UCF's 2002 football schedule:
http://www.ucfathletics.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=247&sportid=151

-- Bryan
   UCF Class of '97 (BSCpE)
   Go Knights!

--
The US government could be 100x more effective, and 1/100th the
Constitutional worry, if it dictated its policy to Microsoft as