[KLUG Advocacy] Re: "Big media" and the laws they pass that destroys everyone's freedom -- Libertarianism

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:37:07 -0500

>The problem is that the best of intentions by the government is always clouded
>by special interest.
Some people don't think of that as a "rpoblem". In a way, government is the sum
of all special interests. The issue is how those of us without ready access to
the resources of the rich become as special interest.

>What is special interest?
>Basically people who have money to throw at politicians.
Please stop simplifying past the point where all this becomes meaningless.
I'm not interested in what anything "basically" is, and I've been
politically active longer than you've been on this earth.

>Now this is where people get confused.  I mean, they think "only the government
>can protect the 'little guy' from the rich, right?"
Not at all, but apparently this won't stop you ...

But it stops me. I am not going to take the time or energy to refute you in
detail, and you've taken this so far off topic and out of context that it
serves nothng at all to reeply in detail.

Can we have the next poster, please? :)
							Regards,