[KLUG Advocacy] Re:Is it true?

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
24 Nov 2002 08:24:55 -0500

> A blonde in her fourth freshman year at UCLA was sitting in her
> >U.S. government class when the professor asked whether she
> >knew what the Roe v. Wade 'decision' was.
> >She sat there for quite a while pondering the profound question
> >and finally sighed and said..........."I think that was the 'decision'
> >George Washington made prior to crossing the Delaware."

I think it is stereotypical and sexist.

The truth of the matter is that this person was clearly a foriegn
exchange student - as no graduate of American public education graduate
would know about George Washington crossing a river.  Nor would they be
able to find Delaware on a map.  And no foreign exchange student would
know about Roe v. Wade because 99.9999% of european's (you said she was
blonde) realize just how absolutely stupid and inane the American
abortion/pro-life/pro-choise debate is.

What distribution of Linux was she running on her laptop?  That is the
question appropriate to this forum.  I'd put my money on SuSe.