[KLUG Advocacy] interesting read but not open

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
06 Oct 2002 22:05:00 -0400

> http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/10/03/2216217.shtml?tid=30
>
> We are not using exchange now but I like the idea of a drop in.

We're not using exchange either, but my boss has been looking for a
shared calendar program, so I sent him that URL last week.  One thing I
liked is it's cross-platform, with clients for Win & Linux & Unix.

My boss liked the idea, but didn't read the article very well, and said
that we couldn't afford to spend $20,000.  I explained the $19,999
mentioned in the article was licenses for 1000 seats, which comes down
to about $20 a seat, something we CAN afford.  (it may cost more than
$20/seat in quantities less than 1000, but I bet it's still affordable
to us)  That peaked his interest a little more.  We'll see . . .

BTW, you Charter Cable Internet users:  "CommuniGate Pro" (see article)
is what Charter uses for it's email services, so you may have already
seen it's web interface for email and the ability to create personal web
pages with it.   FWIW . . .

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/