[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Ahhh, a second helping of butt whipping ... "TheBS is back

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:12:22 -0400 (EDT)

>>So what do you think of Wheadon's new show Firefly?
>It's not Buffy but it's growing on me.

Same here.  The backstory seems a bit thin, but the dialog is pretty good.
When I saw he was going sci-fi I was worried, so I was probably easily
impressed.  So far they haven't done the sci-fi-spend-seven-minutes-
explaining-everything-with-some-psuedo-scientific-malarky schtick which is
(to me at least) really annoying; it is a story, get on with telling it.
I may be one of only a few geeks that really doesn't care for Star Trek.