[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Ahhh, a second helping of butt whipping ... "TheBS is back

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:38:24 -0400

>>All I can see is...
>Who cares!
>Subscribe to a football list...

In this case (and perhaps in a rare move), I must agree
with Mr. Tisch. Although I understand what Adam claims,
and there is a legitimate interest in a thread about
football, holding one on a mailing list devoted to the
relative merits of OS's ain't the place.

I'm not against KLUG hosting a discussion list about
football, or about tiddley winks, for that manner. Don't
expect me to join it since I'm not interested in those
topics.

The flaw in Adam's argument is that there ARE people who
take these things seriously, even if he (or I) do not,
and even a terrible discussion about OS'es is still
about OS'es, while the greatest discussion about football is
still off-topic on an OS discussion list.

						Regards,