[KLUG Advocacy] WAS: butt whipping ...

Bryan J. Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:46:45 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting "Robert G. Brown" <bob@acm.org>:
> In this case (and perhaps in a rare move), I must agree
> with Mr. Tisch. Although I understand what Adam claims,
> and there is a legitimate interest in a thread about
> football, holding one on a mailing list devoted to the
> relative merits of OS's ain't the place.
> I'm not against KLUG hosting a discussion list about
> football, or about tiddley winks, for that manner. Don't
> expect me to join it since I'm not interested in those
> topics.
> The flaw in Adam's argument is that there ARE people who
> take these things seriously, even if he (or I) do not,
> and even a terrible discussion about OS'es is still
> about OS'es, while the greatest discussion about football is
> still off-topic on an OS discussion list.

I apologize since I thought KLUG's "advocacy" list was like the 14 other LUG
"advocacy" lists I am on.  I keep forgetting KLUG is a different than any other
I've encountered.

I will restrict my postings here to Linux advocacy and nothing else.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA