[KLUG Advocacy] Linux Outpacing Macintosh On Desktops

Rusty Yonkers advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:38:16 -0700 (PDT)

Well an interesting thing in this is that as I read Linux Journal I
am noticing a fair number of letters about people that have switched
to suign OS X for their desktop while leaving Linux on the back end
machines.  This is also what I plan on doing at my house is to put in
a few iMacs (one for the kids, one for the wife and one for me) and
still leave the firewall and such on Linux boxes.  They make a nice
combination to use together.  I also feel that even though Linux has
come a long way in recent years in the desktop arena there are a
number of things that still are not quite there.  I still run into a
number of frustrations that I need to use Windows (soon to be Mac)
for.

=====
Rusty Yonkers
CNE, MCP, A+, CCNA, Linux+, Server+ certified