[KLUG Advocacy] Linux Outpacing Macintosh On Desktops

John Bridleman advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:21:46 -0400

* Rusty Yonkers (therustycook@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Well an interesting thing in this is that as I read Linux Journal I
> am noticing a fair number of letters about people that have switched
> to suign OS X for their desktop while leaving Linux on the back end
> machines.  This is also what I plan on doing at my house is to put in
> a few iMacs (one for the kids, one for the wife and one for me) and
> still leave the firewall and such on Linux boxes.  They make a nice
> combination to use together.  I also feel that even though Linux has
> come a long way in recent years in the desktop arena there are a
> number of things that still are not quite there.  I still run into a
> number of frustrations that I need to use Windows (soon to be Mac)
> for.

Sounds nice, but for the price of hardware. I can put together a really cheap PC. I haven't priced Macs recently but I'm pretty sure they run a little more.

Just out of curiosity, what frustrations do you run into that require Windows?
--
John Bridleman / www.bridleman.org