[KLUG Advocacy] Re: [KLUG Members] New York Times Endorses Linux

Robert G. Brown advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:34:34 -0400

>>>If they had an earlier stronger one I either missed it or forgot it.
>>Probably missed it, unless you read the Editorial page religiously.
>
>I don't know if I have ever read the editorial page of the NYT. :(  And
>no one ever references the editorial page or the Grand Rapids Press in
>an intelligent conversation!  If someone did, everyone else would
>probably just stop and stare at them waiting for the punch line.

I don't read the editorial page of the NY Times "Religiously", but it is "on
the radar" (along with a LOT of other news sources). The Nre York Times is
(like it, or not) one of the 5 most-read AND respected newspapers in the USA,
both as a source of news information, as wll as commentary and analysis of
events as they unfold (not perfect, and with some interesting flaws and mis-
takes, but overall pretty damned good).

They rarely publish an editorial that sets up a punch line.

							Regards,