[KLUG Advocacy] SCO Threatens Red Hat and SuSE

Adam Tauno Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:19:57 -0400

> Why does this behavior remind me of pilot whales
> beaching themselves?

Pilot whales are beautiful and gracefule creatures.  SCO is a walking fetid
corpse.  That's an insult to whales everywhere!  If people stop killing them
whales have a future,  SCO is pretty much on the ash heap.

> SCO claimed to only be after
> IBM (and we surmised, so they could be purchased by
> them) and NOT Linux distro's or the Open Source
> community.

SCO makes a Linux distribution!  Madness, I say, madness!

> SCO admins are either on mind altering drugs or just
> plain stupid.  I see no positive basis to their legal
> strategies.  Perhaps I missed a key element...  They
> will reap the disdain of the Linux community in full.

It seems simple to me.  SCO is dead, might as well make it a sacrifical lamb,
and whoever the high priest is gets to walk away from the charred remains with
pocket fulls of cash.  Short sighted and desperate, yes, but thats the way it
is played (or weren't you around in the 80's).

Adam Tauno Williams
Network & Systems Administrator
Morrison Industries
Grand Rapids, Mi. USA