[KLUG Advocacy] Re: Power Point makes you dumb [??]

Richard Harding advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:32:29 -0500

Personally, I don't think PPT is a tool for after presentation use. I
teach people that they are to use PPT as a speaking tool. It should
convey key points and graphical information like a projector or
slideshow would be used for. It is not meant to be taken away from the
content of the speaker and used as its own medium of information.

Really if you want to leave something for the audience to sit down and
go over without the speach you really need to be writing some sort of
paper, not a bunch of slides.

I just think the tool is misused.

My .02

Rick